Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Nigeria 4.0

Just 8 years into her fourth attempt at democracy, it looks like Nigeria has moved forcefully into the internet age, complete with email campaigns, campaign websites, online donations, interactive sessions and you tube ads. I got this email from a candidate for Governor of Lagos:

Dear concerned citizen,

In the eight years ending May 2007, about Six Billion dollars, or two thirds of a trillion Naira (N600,000,000,000) would have been spent by the Lagos State Government.

My name is Jimi Agbaje, visit my website, www.jimiagbaje.com, and find out how I would spend that sort of money. While on the website you can join in our campaign, and personally take the first step to make Lagos Work!

Alternatively join me, at an interactive session on a New Thinking for a New Lagos, at 4.00 pm at The Lagoon, Ozumba Mbadiwe, Victoria Island, Lagos on Sunday, the 4th of March, 2007. Alternatively watch me live on AIT at 4pm local Nigerian television and DSTV satellite television.

Jimi Agbaje

And here is his you tube ad video:


1 comment:

Alex said...

I think Nigeria is years ahead of us already. We have no break dancing politicians.